Wednesday, June 24, 2009

JANUARY 2009


The front of the Municipal Hall in Kananga, Leyte

The perimeter fence of Kananga Central School- beautifully designed by Mayor Eming Codilla himself, who finish his course on architecture.


My officemates at the Office of the Municipal Mayor, (l- r) Roberto Dikit Borela, Maam Luz Fin, Maam Joy Fontanoza, incharge of the tourism programs, administrative assistant V and secretary to the mayor, Maam Marilou M. Aseo, Sheena Fuentes, Vincent Jun Jun Haliclic, Ritcho Limgas, and Gerardo C. Reyes Jr.
Last week of December 2008, few days before my transfer to Kananga LGU. We have some good time at the Congressional Office with Junel, Boyet, Benjie, Pareng Rodmar, Rambo, Tope, Mr. Lee, and others.

My wife, Cheng and my sis, Genim, do the shopping on the day before New Year.


CHANGE took place during the very first week of the new year, 2009.

We, together with my daughter, Angel, wife Cheng, sisters, Mae and Justify FullGenim celebrated the New Year in our apartment in Bagong Buhay, in Ormoc. Unlike Christmas Day, my Mama was not able to join us. As usual, the start of the new year was done with some ceremonies since my Mama, and my sisters knows a little about Feng Shui, and I really enjoyed it.

I was there at Ormoc Superdome to attend Cong. Codilla’s birthday, and it was also my last day in the Congressional Office. I was there to spend some memorable times with my officemates, Orly, Boyet, Rodmar, Jonel, Tope (Christopher), Rambo (his real name is Randolf Mangle). Kim was also there, I called her ma’am. She is my colleague in media, 8 years younger than me. She is my closest friend in the industry, and we enjoy spending time with each other. More than 5,000 attended the birthday of Congressman at the Dome.

January 5, Monday, is my first day in Kananga –LGU. At first I feel an alien in the office. Kaila nako, gamay pa lang. We have our lunch at Barangay Lonoy, and then at 5:00 PM back to Ormoc again. My first two weeks in Kananga was indeed difficult for my part. I need to wake up as early as 4:30 in the morning so that we can have our breakfast by 6:00 AM and then ride a bus bound for Kananga at 7:00AM, but this did not happen. I can catch a ride at already 7:30 or worst, 8:00 AM, and arrived there at past 8AM or 9:00 already, which is always embarrassing. I need to adjust, and I need to solve this problem the soonest.

Another thing that needed my attention is to open a BPI account as required by our bureau chief of BusinessWorld. It was last November 2008 that I started writing for national paper and I love it. I earned P 5,000 for my first month, and the following month was already fruitful. I was able to open and I received my first honorarium last January 16, I think.

Saturday, Jan. 17 I together with Cheng and Angel was in Kananga, and look for a house. It was rainy and we have no other choice but to decide at once. We spotted a good place at Conejos house along the highway but the landlady later changed her mind. So we opted to choose the house of Alex-Helen Montesclaros along Pablo Tan St. in Poblacion. It is an old house across the house of Darayday OsmeƱa-Dacurawat, a known caterer and businesswoman here.

January 18, we finally transferred to Kananga on board Elmer’s multicab. Elmer is the son of our landlady in Bagong Buhay (BLISS) in Ormoc.

The fish in Kananga is cheaper compared that in Palompon and Ormoc. Dinhi makapalit kag hasa-hasa nga tag-50 o 60 lang, or bariles nga 80 lang or isda nga tag 30-40 lang. I learned that the supply came from Carigara and Leyte, Leyte. Sa Palompon mas mahal, I don’t know lang ngano. To think, Kananga is a landlocked town, Palompon on the other hand is a coastal town, pero ang isda ngadto, (in my hometown) is more than 100 gyod. Naay less than 100 kadto na gyung mga di na maayohon.

Pork also is cheaper compared in Ormoc. Tag -140 lang diri while in Ormoc 150 or 160, I don’t know tag pila sa Palompon.

Our rented space is only a walking distance from Municipal Hall. Duol ra gyod kaayo. I learned that our neighbor Darayday is from Palompon, sister of Benjie Osmena, our neighbor in Palompon.

No comments: