Friday, August 29, 2008

January 2008


SOTA in Palompon

I spent my new year in Palompon. But since I am not in good mood, (because of financial problem and shortage of budget) so as my sweetheart nangatulog lang mi even during midnight (Media de Noche) unta.

Psagdan lang namo ang buto-buto sa gawas and we slept that whole night nga mora rag dili new year. But still there’s many reason to be happy, the fact that God gave us another year, but my decision to leave Ormoc was already final. Nahiubos gyod ko nga wala ma plantilla nagpabilin nga JO.

I told myself nga bahala na. Mohawa gyod ko didto. On that next day, I did not report to Ormoc. But on that New Year’s Day I am supposed to be in Ormoc being the birthday of our boss Cong. Codilla and there are activities at Superdome like medical mission, and etc.

Still on the following day, wa gihapon ko mosulod, and my co-staff at congressional office kept on texting me. But I did not reply. Morag ang akong hunahuna nga mobiya sa Ormoc, mao na gyod din a gyod ko papugong.

January 3, I went to the municipal hall building and meet my friends there. Mayor Yoly Tupa is about to deliver his state of town address on January 9, and I am supposed to cover that event being a news reporter of Express, local newspaper here. I come to know that one of our close friend, Pa J (Jose Pajaron) kauban namo sa Hot FM before during the time of former Mayor Baloy OƱate was already working at the mayor’s office.

At the first floor sa municipio, I talked with Whiskey Mike and he encourage me to work again at the LGU. Which I answered “ako una huna-hunaon”. During lunchtime, I go with Pa J, Brgy Capt Koko Ellorango of Cambinoy, and former Board Member Herville Pajaron, now LGU Consultant.

I told them that I am planning not to return to Ormoc for a while, kay mopahuway pa ko sa Palompon, until I told them nga nahiubos ko sa ako gitrabahoan kay way siguro ang JO this January 2008, and that means nga wa miy sweldo for several quencina.

Herville then offered me, “unsa man rard, pag klaro kay akong sultihan si Mayor” he said. Which I answered “sige, ok man ko”. Herville told me nga sugot lang una ma-JO sa LGU even for six months lang una. We have our lunch at Jayenbee, at the marketplace.

The following day, I was in Ormoc to tender my resignation, but I change my mind. I instead wrote a letter to Maam Bebeth about my decision. And that I want to look for greener pasture in other places like Palompon.

But prior to that, she assigned me to gather data and prepare the outline, including the speech for the State of the City Address of Mayor Eric Beboy C. Codilla, which I am the one who prepared the previous year, 2007. And I must say (modesty aside) one of the best SOCA of Mayor Beboy, prepared not by an Ormocanon but by a Palomponganon, hehehe!

My decision to leave Ormoc was final. Nahiubos gyod ko ug maayo. I am planning to go back to Palompon to asked Mayor Tupa nga moapply ko sa Municipio.

January 7, Mayor Eulogio S. Tupa delivered his State of the Town Address. The Social Center was jampacked with people from brgys, civic society, religious groups, nalukop sa mga tawo ang PSC, nagpunsisok.

It was both bad news and good news, about the state of Palompon. The bad news is that the municipal coffer is not in pink health because the previous admin has left “millions of pesos of obligations” from the market building loan amounting to P 40 Million, and other …hmmm.

Good News is that Palompon will soon have its multi-purpose bldg. at the old ABC building and other projects. The new administration is also aggressive in implementing KAUSABAN in this town. Programs that is more responsive to the needs of every Palomponganons and many more. Cong. Codilla was also present during the said affair.

January 9, from Palompon I went directly to Tacloban City to attend the party at the Provincial Capitol Bldg. Medyo na late ko kay 1:30 na man ko nakasaka sa Governor’s Hall. The worst is that pag abot nako kay nagsugod na ug panghatag sa mga regalo. Maayo na lang gani kay nahatagan gihapon ko ug P 1,000 from Gov, TSHIRT, Ham, Red Wine, Payong, bag, etc.

Also present was media colleagues from Ormoc, and other towns, Jun T. ruby. Maridel of Isabel, Leyte’s Star Weekly Tribune, Sir Felix, Nong Obet, and many others. Tacloban media was also in full force kumpleto gyod sila ang Gov. called the name of the media men one by one, aron hatagan tagsa ka libo. Hehehe. Thanks Gov and Maam Matin.

January 11, I went to the office of Mayor Tupa to personally asked him for my application. I told him that I am receiving more than 200 pesos salary in Ormoc but since I am still a JO worker there, I prefer to work in Palompon for the mean time.

He said that he consider my application and I am assigned at the Mayor’s Office effective January 16.

The second half of the month of January was indeed eventful. Mayor Tupa assigned me to be in-charge of a monthly publication of the municipality. Gilbert Manongsong will be the editor and Hervil will also work with us as consultant. I and Pa J were looking for names unsay pangalan nga ibunyag and on some other details of the project. Finally it was Pa J who named it Budyong but later on, add the name Budyong sa Palompon to make it more specific.

It will be an 8-page newsletter, the LGU will shoulder its printing cost at 9,000 initial budget. I am the one who prepared the dummy and the outline of the news and everything. We have digital camera and some other logistics. RR and WM is with us also, as support staff. Finally on the second week of February, the maiden issue of Budyong sa Palompon went out of press. Daghan nga mga Palomponganon ang nalipay!

No comments: